Welcome Spectator

Thursday, 28-March-24, 5:07 PM     Logged in as Spectator | Group "Guests" RSS

Main| 2nd N4 night? - Forums| My profile | Sign Up| Log out | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Game Chat » NASCAR Racing 4 » 2nd N4 night?
2nd N4 night?
SlipMickeyDate: Thursday, 06-March-14, 3:16 PM | Message # 1
Shop Hand
Group: Administrators
Well... Do we want to run another N4 night? It seems that Sunday it not working out, most nights. It sucks that Tim and Craig cant run Sundays. So do we run Tuesday with similar format to Thursday? Or do we try something new? Maybe a different night? I will run it, if we figure something out. We need to get some feedback in here, and stick to the topic, so we can get this figured out. It seems a waste to run just 1 night after paying for the server.
I was thinking of running something similar to Thursday.... 30% length, moderate damage, mainly large tracks, with a couple shorts, and a roadie in there, and a chase. Maybe have a list a tracks and the winner gets to pick the next week's track  from said list. Once it is used its off the list.... any other thoughts?

FastKid15Date: Thursday, 06-March-14, 3:21 PM | Message # 2
Spotter
Group: Drivers
I like the idea of having the winner of a race pick the next one from a list.

2012-2013 Best New Driver

Dark_NûmenorDate: Thursday, 06-March-14, 4:02 PM | Message # 3
Shop Hand
Would it be a completely new series?
If it is, I really like the idea!
But... Could we do a race afternoon or something like that, because I life in Germany and at the moment it is 10pm here, so a race night would be too late smile
If that'd be possible I'd race with you!

Sincerely Dark Nûmenor

T018Date: Thursday, 06-March-14, 6:50 PM | Message # 4
Cup Driver
If ppl want something on Tues, i can run it, as i have tues nights off.

SpeedyDate: Thursday, 06-March-14, 7:22 PM | Message # 5
Crew Chief
I like the second idea better than teh first Ken

"When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon

TonyPizzarolosthispwDate: Friday, 07-March-14, 1:08 AM | Message # 6
Nationwide Driver
Talladega please!

T018Date: Saturday, 08-March-14, 9:09 AM | Message # 7
Cup Driver
Alright, here is my idea.

Sorta a track type championship, we would run 4 Superspeedways, 4 Speedways , 2 Short tracks and 2 Road courses. (in a mixed order such as, SS,SW,ST,SS,SW,RC-repeat). The points would work as follows, you score points for each race but, what happens is there is a Superspeedway, a speedway, a short track and a roadcourse point total. The overall points are determined by, taking your position in each type points and scoring points for those. For example say Ken finishes 3rd for SS, 2nd in SW, 4th in ST and 5th in RC, he would then score 3rd place points for SS, 2nd in SW etc, these points would crown the Master of all tracks, with there also being 4 Type Masters (not necessarily 4 ppl)

So is that way to complex or do you like it? Or should the champ be whoever has the best average in the Types?

FastKid15Date: Saturday, 08-March-14, 10:07 AM | Message # 8
Spotter
It seems like a good idea but the problem I have with that is is it going to end up with 5 champions. Do you think that if one person wins a track type championship that they should get a 10-20 point bonus to their master track championship?

T018Date: Saturday, 08-March-14, 11:53 AM | Message # 9
Cup Driver
There is but 1 Champ, and 4 Masters but

Series Champion

TonyPizzarolosthispwDate: Saturday, 08-March-14, 2:40 PM | Message # 10
Nationwide Driver
It's a good idea but I'd hate to see 14 people show up for Daytona and then 6 for Watkins Glen (or whatever we run). Maybe just one road course and short track? We need to ask the non-forum users what they think so we can have accurate analysis my good men!

SlipMickeyDate: Tuesday, 11-March-14, 1:01 PM | Message # 11
Shop Hand
Hmmm... though what you came up with sounds interesting, i am not sure if its a little much to comprehend and keep track of. Maybe refine a little.
What we need to consider is, what's going to help make people show up more consistantly, similar to the numbers we get on thursday. I mean... we all know that Tim Tony and Craig are the most versitile drivers and have the best shot at winning championships, do we try and level the playing field a little? Keeping to tracks that are more friendly to the rest?
I did like the idea of the winner chooses next track from a list, that way its more interactive for drivers, and they cant say the season was set-up for a few drivers to have the best shot at Championship, unless 1 guy wins all the races..lol.
Also i was thinking that we should keep the races a little shorter than longer. Maybe 30-35% at the most.
Or are we making this complicated and we should just run somthing similar to Thursday making sure the schedule differs so we arent running the same tracks? Sheeeeit mudder hucker...

FastKid15Date: Tuesday, 11-March-14, 2:18 PM | Message # 12
Spotter
If we run it like Thursday's, we should add the twist of having no qualifying session and do a random draw for starting position.

Forums » Game Chat » NASCAR Racing 4 » 2nd N4 night?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

NORL Copyright 2024 uCOZ©