Welcome Spectator

Friday, 19-April-24, 1:48 AM     Logged in as Spectator | Group "Guests" RSS

Main| iRacing to Release Gen6 Cup Car - Forums| My profile | Sign Up| Log out | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » General » General Chat » iRacing to Release Gen6 Cup Car
iRacing to Release Gen6 Cup Car
JBattistaDate: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 12:21 PM | Message # 1
Nationwide Driver
Group: Drivers
As you may have heard, we are happy to let members know that we are busy working on the new Sprint cup car that is coming to NASCAR in 2013. In fact, the car is so new; we are basically building them in lock-step as the data becomes available to real-world teams for testing.

We can’t go any faster than we are going but our goal is to have the car available for the iRacing race week starting March 5th, which is 4 weeks into iRacing season 1. We are also in the unique position of needing to swap out the existing cup car for a new car, while keeping the existing series, actually multiple series since the “Cup” Car races in several different series. The problem is we can’t just swap the car in the middle of a season because of the way our system works.

Therefore we have a couple of options and, at the end of the day, opted to just start the season late with the new G6 car for our class A fixed and open series, and do an 8 week season rather than our normal 12 weeks. Guessing will have 2 drop weeks for that 8 week season. Although plenty of other NASCAR vehicles to drive, especially with our new expanded schedule that is coming this season, if you are looking for a Cup Car fix during those 4 weeks, we still will run the old cup car for a full twelve weeks in the unofficial Carb Cup Series running next season. Additionally, we also will be doing the Daytona 500 World Tour event with the old car during the week of the real-world 500 and may also add some other racing with the current cup car during those first four weeks of the season.

2012 F.A.S.T. N4 Drag Racing Champion
2012 F.A.S.T. N4 End of the World Special @ Snowstorm Speedway Winner
2013 N.O.R.L. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion
2012-2013 Most Popular Driver
"I hope he has malaria." - Tony Pizzaro

JBattistaDate: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 12:21 PM | Message # 2
Nationwide Driver
We are also going to delay the start of the NASCAR iRacing Drivers World Championship Series a couple weeks so we can start it with the new car. Also of note to some, the top 10 drivers from the open class A series using the new G6 car in season 1 will still receive their pro license, just like last year. Although we may reduce it from top 10 to something like 8, more to follow soon on that. Lastly, we are going to delay our new NASCAR event series featuring the cup car that mirrors the real-world cup series for the entire season. Instead we are going to start it with this new car in the beginning of March so will only miss a couple races most likely. Again we will still have the Daytona 500 World Tour Event with the old car.

To answer some other likely questions, you probably heard that this will be a single class but multi-car series. That is true. That means it will have multiple manufacturers with identical physics racing in the same series for the same points, Ford and Chevy! The new cars are the Ford Fusion and Chevy SS. The Chevy SS will release first, hopefully during the last week of February, with the Ford Fusion to follow shortly thereafter. Right now we estimate the Ford will release two weeks after the Chevy.

As far as price of the cars, we want to be as fair as possible, but we still have licenses to honor with the manufacturers along with the costs associated with cars that we need to recoup. Our plan is to sell both cars at normal prices of $11.95. However, if you own the existing Chevy class A cup car, on or before February 25th, we will give you $6 of credit (basically 50%). If we release the new car before the 25th, we will also move the date up to the day before the car releases for getting the credit. Additionally, if you bought the car in the last 90 days from February 25th or the date we end up with, we will give you full credit, $11.95 instead of the $6 (so you essentially received the old cup car for free if purchased in last 90 days). Again, the Ford Fusion will simply be a new car at normal price of $11.95 but you don’t need it to drive in the series or own it to still see it out on track if you own only the Chevy and vice versa. If you want the Ford instead of the Chevy, you can wait and use the credit and put towards that. We will try and get the Ford car out as soon as possible in that regard and a very slight chance it may even release with the Chevy. You also will still have the COT car (Chevy Impala Class A )that you previously purchased, but that car will likely not be used in official racing, although that could change if we want to do a retro series or event now and again. At any rate it could still be used for leagues, special events and private racing. Might even rename the Class A Chevy Impala or add circa 2012 to the name at some point.

Lastly, to help with price, for you folks that like to drive in leagues or in hosted, we are working on a development project that will allow you to race with other cars in multi-class without needing to own them in hosted. For hosted & league racing now, you need to own all the cars in race to be able to race with them. Across the board for all cars, that will change. We hope project is complete for this build. While we are at it, also moving number of allowed cars in multi-class up from 3 to 4 cars. Again neither of those projects are 100% for this build but relatively optimistic will be in build.

The new G6 Cup cars look very cool on their own, but I think having the two cars, although will be identical physics, will add plenty to the look and immersion of the racing.

Plans are subject to change but that is the current plan.

Good Racing!!!

Wired71Date: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 12:52 PM | Message # 3
Crew Chief
See while this is great, this pisses me off. I now have to pay for new cars. F'n Iracing man. This irks me

JBattistaDate: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 12:58 PM | Message # 4
Nationwide Driver
Yep. At least you we get the 50% discount now.

thekidinbuffDate: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 3:28 PM | Message # 5
Spotter
Group: Administrators
whats another 5, 6 bucks... youve already invested alot of money into it... wink

Wired71Date: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 4:11 PM | Message # 6
Crew Chief
clearly Dalton but the fact that because ive purchased a shit ton wouldn't you think that they'd give you the update free? Nope you have to pay for it. Even if its 50% its still BS

Message edited by Wired71 - Wednesday, 09-January-13, 4:11 PM

T018Date: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 5:50 PM | Message # 7
Cup Driver
Group: Administrators
We are iRacing, resistance is futile, your wallet will be raped....

Zakkmiller14Date: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 6:05 PM | Message # 8
Crew Chief
eh, i have a lot of money to spend anyways.. :P

NR2003 Champion

Zakkmiller14Date: Wednesday, 09-January-13, 6:44 PM | Message # 9
Crew Chief
you're welcome wink but really, that's not much at all.

NR2003 Champion

Zakkmiller14Date: Wednesday, 23-January-13, 5:28 PM | Message # 10
Crew Chief
Can't wait to drive it!

NR2003 Champion

LebuttreDate: Wednesday, 23-January-13, 6:39 PM | Message # 11
Spotter
Group: In-Active Drivers
well maybe iracing will be around when your old enough fora job lol If it were me i would cut lawns shovel snow or what ever it takes if i wanted it not wait fer mommy lol

JBattistaDate: Wednesday, 23-January-13, 6:43 PM | Message # 12
Nationwide Driver
Or enter in a burrito eating contest

Forums » General » General Chat » iRacing to Release Gen6 Cup Car
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: