Welcome Spectator

Tuesday, 23-April-24, 2:25 AM     Logged in as Spectator | Group "Guests" RSS

Main| NR2003 - Forums| My profile | Sign Up| Log out | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forums » Game Chat » NASCAR Racing 2003 » NR2003 (Racing Values)
NR2003
TonyPizzarolosthispwDate: Tuesday, 31-July-12, 1:09 AM | Message # 1
Nationwide Driver
Group: Administrators
This is speaking out of my past experiences as an NR2003 driver and the mistakes I've made that have gotten me to this point. Speaking of points, I'll just get to the point... to those who would rather have a fast setup that they can't control over a competitive setup that they can, you're mindset needs to change. To those who wouldn't rather, you'll have a better chance of finishing races and you most likely won't have to apologize to other drivers at the end of events, which is a really good feeling. Also, if your mindset is winning and only winning, you should change that mindset as well. A winning attitude will cause you to make spontaneously ignorant decisions at the end of events, which usually get innocent drivers caught up in situations that they don't deserve to be in. Wrecking somebody on the last lap is a terrible experience if you know it could've been prevented by better judgement. Everybody knows what their limits are as a driver. Accept them for what they are and tune your setups accordingly. On the race track, remind yourself what your limits are and don't make moves that are beyond them. There's a difference between being aggressive and being reckless, one is accepted as a driving style, the other will take fun away from yourself and everybody else. People who race clean have the most fun, it's that simple. The fun will always be there if your highest priority isn't to defeat your competition, but to enjoy the competition. A drive to win or finish well is an excellent thing to have if you can accept defeat as part of the game. To avoid all of these problems on a weekly basis please remember... in every situation you put yourself in from lap 1 to the checkered flag, remind yourself what your limits are. Only then will the game be a relief from frustration, which in the end is what it should all be about.

Zakkmiller14Date: Tuesday, 31-July-12, 6:52 PM | Message # 2
Crew Chief
Group: Drivers
I definately agree. Which is why im going to take a break from this leagues 2003 series(') until things become mlre stable. To be honest its not fun when certain people take it way too seriously, and flame other drivers who just want to have fun. I dont want to race if decisions in a series are made for the benefit of theirself. I will continue to race /4 occasionally, because they are a lot of fun. But I speak for a bunch of Drivers who feel the same way. it should be fun to race, but with the recent bullshit thats been going on. So Im holding off in 2003 until something is done. You get what you give... Respect.

NR2003 Champion

T018Date: Tuesday, 31-July-12, 9:42 PM | Message # 3
Cup Driver
Quote (Zakkmiller14)
You get what you give... Respect

LMAO thats funny right there.....

SpeedyDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 3:24 PM | Message # 4
Crew Chief
In my opinion I think one of the biggest reasons why we have so many problems on Monday's is because some people must think this is arcade in N4. Only my opinion though. This I think transmits into people's minds and causes them to charge hard in the corners and drive just like N4 causing extraneous cautions. On top of that then we got people yelling and screaming over some really petty things "ie" 2012 MDTS race @ Pocono. I really don't understand why people can't just get along and race the freakin game. We don't get paid for this nor does the winnner of the race win a chance to Courtney Force or something like that. Its a GAME. A FREAKIN GAME. Come on people we can be better than this. If we keep this up new guys aren't gonna like racing here if the f-bomb is being shouted at someone 15 times a night. & I;m not saying that you guys don't have the right to say what you guys want, but fighting during the race over something as stupid as passing someone b4 the yellow is not exceptable. I'm not bashing you guys I'm just really freakin tired of having someone gets mad over something childish "EVERY SINGLE TIME WE RACE TRUCKS". What happened to the old days when we had guys on here that only cared about racing? How come someone has to have an outburst every Monday? I came here because I wanted to enjoy myself racing with a bunch of really talented racers and I don't want to see petty outburst's stand in the way of you guys having fun. I know its hard sometimes racing something different, but if we could just be a little more patient and show each other some compassion I think it would benifit not just Zach;s truck series, but the entire NORL. biggrin

"When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon

LebuttreDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 3:38 PM | Message # 5
Spotter
Group: In-Active Drivers
Cool were gonna have another n4 night because thats the only way to stop your cautions.You can boot peeps out for spinning and youll be left all alone.Which is the easiest way to win the championship lol You race sim which makes it alot harder to control with ANY SETUP Especially as the run goes If ya dont want yellows try Mario carts LOL Anywho figured i chime in give a worthless 2 cents then see the responses lol Maybe we need a vote Yea A vote for the return of the enduro season in n4 yeaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool

JBattistaDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 4:40 PM | Message # 6
Nationwide Driver
Simulation mode is very easy to drive, and does not take very much skill to drive it. Like Tony said, if people would realize what their limits are and take that into account before building setups and clicking drive @ race time, then we'll all be in good shape. If you're having trouble keeping your tank on track, then use some assists such as stability and traction control. Keep practicing and practicing until you're comfortable enough to drive the amazingly-fast Tony Pizzaro setup and whatever track you're racing at. Also, UTILIZE THE PRACTICE & WARMUP SESSIONS!!! I understand some people here work later than others and can't get that much practice before races, but use each minute of practice wisely and tune that setup so that you're not self-spinning each time you get on track. If you are fast but don't feel like you can't keep it under control, tighten it up, or if its race time, then use a different setup. It's pretty much just playing it smart. Sim isn't hard to drive, and 12 cautions a race is ridiculous.

Also, maybe once we see some consistently higher attendance for N4 or if Rick comes back....I seriously doubt that'll make a comeback anytime soon.

And how is N4 gonna get rid of cautions?? What is wrong with NR2003? I don't understand why people can't just race N4 and 2003 without having a problem with either of them... sad

2012 F.A.S.T. N4 Drag Racing Champion
2012 F.A.S.T. N4 End of the World Special @ Snowstorm Speedway Winner
2013 N.O.R.L. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion
2012-2013 Most Popular Driver
"I hope he has malaria." - Tony Pizzaro

Message edited by JBattista - Thursday, 02-August-12, 4:43 PM

SpeedyDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 6:04 PM | Message # 7
Crew Chief
Here's the deal. It's not that the N4 guys can't stand NR2003 period I think its the way its being presented. I have noticed and I think i have finally figured it out. I race both games & have no problem however NR2003 is kinda of different than good ol N4. I understand that guys like Ken, Butter, Glenn, Walt, Lug, Craig and Ryan. etc... have other priorities as well or aka "jobs". As a racer in N4 I finally understood why its so difficult for these guys to race Nr2003. Its not the way it looks it's the way you drive the cars. Its similar to N4, but when were talking about sim mode its a whole different story. I mean these guys have been racing N4 4ever plus on top of that working hard to support their families. Nr2003 is a lot more than just throwing you setup from N4 in there and expect to get a top five. Believe me Zach, Foley ,Tim and Tony didn't get as good as they are in Nr2003 by just putting setups in from N4. I understand that this league was built to support N4, but I think sometime some guys get frustrated because guys race don't do well in a race & then get so busy that they don't have the time to practice more. I'm not trying to bash Nr2003 I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think that people hate it just because its not N4 , I think some of us here just don't have the time to get better and better with Nr2003 and therefore don't have fun when they get on the track and race. Same thing goes for N4 I remember when I first started I was terrible even when Rick or Tony gave me a setup I still couldn't catch em. lol It just depends on it sometimes you have to make your own setups. God made each and everyone one of us different even twins. Its the same thing with setups no two setups are the same. Maybe we could have a fixed set sim series for Nr2003 I don't just thinking out loud, but Zach I totally disagree with what you said. I'm sorry dude, but I just don't think people think that way around here.

"When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon

Message edited by Speedy - Thursday, 02-August-12, 6:13 PM

LebuttreDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 6:58 PM | Message # 8
Spotter
Well you know better then to dis N4 LOL god Why do you guys get so defensive LOL Just playing with you guys.This is the reason why most of N4 Drivers don't drive 2003 Its the people that race in it LOL no kidding OK that's a joke LOL its because when we bought it years ago it became a coaster for our Beers Just like any of the other NASCAR games that came out after. See we have a whole coaster set of games we don't like.Take medal of honor over battlefield some like or hate the other one.Or quest against assassins creed.Some are gonna like one more then the other.Now in society we all could be conformists But then we would all be the same.So don't ever take anything i say as seriously especially when i say LOL or kidding

SpeedyDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 7:15 PM | Message # 9
Crew Chief
I understand what your saying Butter, but what I'm trying to get at is why Jb & Zach are both saying that guys race one thing and hate the other. Its not that way. I'm not trying to yell at anybody I just don't think thats how it is.

LebuttreDate: Thursday, 02-August-12, 7:25 PM | Message # 10
Spotter
Your right Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!! we dont hate it we just dont like it lol and only certain things are communist here. We still have the right to like what we want to like Lol

SpeedyDate: Friday, 03-August-12, 8:47 AM | Message # 11
Crew Chief
Exactly now we're getting somewhere. lol

T018Date: Friday, 03-August-12, 10:30 AM | Message # 12
Cup Driver
Jim... I did just drop N4 setups in 2003 and win with them.... granted that was when we ran arcade....

I do however just download sets from setup swap wink

JBattistaDate: Friday, 03-August-12, 11:05 AM | Message # 13
Nationwide Driver
Speedy, 2003 isn't as hard as you're making it out to be....

2012 F.A.S.T. N4 Drag Racing Champion
2012 F.A.S.T. N4 End of the World Special @ Snowstorm Speedway Winner
2013 N.O.R.L. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion
2012-2013 Most Popular Driver
"I hope he has malaria." - Tony Pizzaro

SpeedyDate: Friday, 03-August-12, 11:37 AM | Message # 14
Crew Chief
I'm not trying to make it seem like its rocket science JB, I'm saying that the sim mode is a lot more different in my opinion than in Nr2003 than N4. In NR2003 you can't just expect a setup to drive like N4 even though they are made by the same people. You atcually have to spend time making sure the car works and its the same thing for N4 ,but do you think the guys that race N4 who have thousands of setups are gonna to put thier lives aside and start all over again and be competitive in NR2003. Tony Tim, and guys like that didn't just start winning N4 by showing up. Zakk and the other Zach lol, didn't win championship's because they found a brilliant setup and used at every track they ran at. Again I'm not trying to make it look like its rcoket science it just takes time to race NR2003.

Wired71Date: Friday, 03-August-12, 2:52 PM | Message # 15
Crew Chief
I like this new butter. J/K busting your chops butter. This new relaxed butter..hes ok biggrin

I think Tony & Speedy hit the nail on the head. There are several factors here that are a big big big reason why cautions continue to happen.

People who don't race sim regularly think that SIM is the same or close to arcade mode. This is not the case. Here is a little story. And its not the brady bunch either. lol. When I started racing here after a 10 year hiatus from racing online. I sucked. I didn't garner any respect on the track. And it was warranted. But I thought i deserved it because heck its me!!! I used to be good when I was younger and when my brain wasn't as fried as it is now. But it took me some time to build my skills again. The other night Kevo was talking about how he sucks and he should quit. Here is the thing and I think this is a very important point Tony made above. Come with a set or create a set that is stable. It is better to drive stable and finish and build your side by side racing skills rather then going out and creating a set that is fast but on the edge so much that your ability to keep it under control is less then 65% control-ability. In time as you gain the experience and comfortableness push it up a notch on the edge. But start conservative. It will help your skills as a driver, it will allow you to progress on the track. Took me a year to get my old skills somewhat back. But I have a completely different mentality now then I used to. And as I would imagine most can attest to I have improved. Both in 2003 and N4

I have to say for me. Between driving N4, 2003, Iracing my skills have considerably gotten better. Do I occasionally spin out as well do. Absolutely. But the key here is learning to drive Sim. Sim has made me OVERALL a better driver. Not knocking N4. But by mastering 2003 SIM I have been able to go into more N4 races with confidence. But to go from N4 to 2003 SIM, IMO its night and day and people need to realize that and realize its not the driver necessarily. It has a lot to do with setups and how the car drives in 2003 vs N4. You're not always going to be able to barrel it down into the corner expecting it to stick. I know I am making a point in 2 different ways here but think about what I am saying and they really do tie together. Its the best way I can present it. My experience from Iracing has shown me that its better to finish 2nd and beyond by not trying to drive on the edge over and over again. Not sticking my nose in the corner expecting it to stick. Gain patience when trying to pass. At some point the guy in front of you is going to mirror drive and make a mistake. My best finishes have come from letting others wreck each other or letting the other guy make the mistake. Shoot I even won my first ever race on iracing recently and have come in 2nd 3 or 4 times. You can have a fast car and turn a fast lap but if you can't control the car for an entire race whats the point? Congrats you just got the pole, but tough luck you wrecked your car in turn 1 of the first lap! Enjoy watching the race from the stands.

A few things to take away from this post
1. Sim & Arcade do not drive the same way and do not respond the same way. So practice up fellas and get on the track with a different mentality. You cant just drive hard down into the corners and just expect it to stick.
2. Respect on the track will garner you respect off it. Flaming...doesn't do anyone good. Be responsible for your car and your attitude. It will do the body and mind good! I will give you the respect you deserve. But the question is do you deserve my respect? Just because you are on the track doesnt necessarily mean I should just give it to you. Should you race clean and be level headed. I'll let you pass if you're faster then me. Everyone should have this kind of attitude. So check yourself before you wreck yourself.
3. Speaking of wrecking yourself (let alone everyone else) The fasted car is not always the best car!!! Stability on the race track is huge!!! You can turn a fast lap, but can you do it with consistency? Is it better to finish with a stable car then it is to wreck and finish last and ruin everyones time? We are all here for the experience and fun. But its not fun when people can't control their cars or trucks on the race track. Better to love and lost then to have never loved at all. Same applies for racing. Better to finish and lose then to wreck and lose and finish in last place and ruin your experience! Ok a stretch but accurate on all accounts.
4. If you were in a real car would you drive the same? Take that approach....you want to live right? Well live to finish the race!!!! Stupid is as stupid does!!!

Message edited by Wired71 - Friday, 03-August-12, 3:02 PM

Forums » Game Chat » NASCAR Racing 2003 » NR2003 (Racing Values)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

NORL Copyright 2024 uCOZ©